Several months after selling my first product via the shopee.ph application on my android smartphone, I now have built up my shop into the following characteristics:
- 529 products for sale
- 23 5-star ratings from 23 transactions
- 1 4-star rating from 1 transaction
- Php 9,434 worth of income
- Response rate: 78%
- Response time: within hours
There had been weeks of dormant selling status, while there had been days when orders kept coming. Thanks to my ever-supporting Avon Lady who prepares the items, which are mostly Avon products. Below are my learnings so far:
- Always update my products online to avoid having to cancel orders because of non-availability of stocks. This also saves time in responding to inquiries regarding out-of-stock items. This can be done by having the new brochure handy at least a day before the brochure turnover, and then updating the shop the day before the brochure campaign period.
- Have an open communication with the supplier. In my case I’m very indebted to my Avon Lady in keeping track of the product’s actual stock in the branch.
- Stay online to respond to customers in no time. A little delay will change the buyer’s mind, especially so that there is a handful of other sellers of same/similar items on shopee.ph. Attending to their queries at once will help ensure you consequently get an order. Plus this adds up to your response time that is recorded by the app.
So far that’s there is to it. I hope to have more sales in the coming months to come. This is the source of my secondary income, but I treat is more of my past-time.
I came across shopee.ph last year in my search of a cosmetic product. I downloaded the app via google play and created an account there.
About Shopee (excerpt from the website: shopee.ph):
Shopee is a fun, free and trusted way to buy and sell instantly online. We are a leading mobile-first marketplace platform in Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam and the Philippines) and Taiwan. Join millions of others on Shopee to list products and shop for deals online. Shopping online on Shopee is safe and we make sure of it. Get the item you ordered or get your money back with Shopee Guarantee. Create and browse listings for free, at no extra charge. Join our Shopee community and start shopping today!
Not only is it a platform to buy, but to sell as well. So I posted my first product during that time, and only after several months did I add other items.
Last week I received a notification that somebody purchased my item – the very first product that I posted. I was so happy and the transaction went so smooth by just working within the app. Right now the item is being delivered by the courier, which is the LBC Integrated.
What you will need:
- A good internet connection.
- A computer or mobile device (shopee.ph can be accessed via web or app)
- A verified account
- You will also need to provide the following for full functionality of the transactions
- address (for pick up and/or delivery of items)
- bank account (for crediting of the payments)
It’s important, and as indicated by shopee.ph, that you make all transactions (conversations, payment, shipping confirmations) through shopee.ph to avoid fraud and untoward experiences.
Pros of shopee.ph
I find this app a lot better than the other buy-and-sell platforms like olx because of the following:
- It’s very user-friendly. Whatever you do in relation to selling or buying something, the app has something for that. From defining your product up to delivery/courier options, they have it!
- Transaction can be completed within the app. You see you don’t need to text your customer (although this functionality is available) or make a deposit somewhere else or even go out of the house to send or claim your parcel. I was able to sell my first product by just using the app.
Because of this I’m inspired to maximize this app and sell more items online. Indeed it’s a great partner in making business at the tip of our fingers!