I started this project over two years ago while waiting for my due date of delivery. I was able to do the basket part and the fruits in the basket, and then i gave birth and nothing was the same again. So this project was kept sitting somewhere in our storage room until I pulled it out recently and made some progress (below the basket).
In this post I will keep track of the progress.
I don’t intend to rush this, but instead to continuously give time for this while relaxing.
It all started with that sprout on my ginger as we returned from almost a week’s Christmas vacation away from home. I thought it was good to put it in some soil and give it a chance at life, rather than cook it right away.
I have lots of distilled water containers which I converted to flower pots. The soil is unrefined, and is just a mixture of our front yard soil, some stones and a few rubbish. No extra preparation was done really. I decided to plant some garlic and an onion in the other pots.
Just this weekend I got the chance to take their pictures…
That’s the lone onion. It’s so pretty!
And here are the garlic sprouts:
I’m so glad that they sprouted even with little attention. They give me inspiration that one day it is possible for me not to buy these spices anymore.